|My New Mini-Van with the Kids in 2006
- Automatic sliding doors. A perfect fit for a baby carrier, and no dinging the car next to you.
- 14 cupholders!!! Nuff said.
- Spaciousness – enough room to let them run around while waiting in a parking lot, big enough they could change clothes before swim lessons and a spot for the training potty when little ones just HAVE to go.
- DVD player – With cranky toddlers, there is nothing that a good Dora or VeggieTales video can’t cure.
- A trunk to fit groceries AND a big stroller
- Safety and security to fit all my babies in their car seats without worry.
- Durable enough to handle a car full of sweaty, muddy soccer players.
- Automatic bonding with other moms of little ones driving mini vans.
After six years with my mini van we’ve traded it in for a mid-size SUV. I know you’re asking, “if I loved being a mini van mom so much, why get rid of it?” We did consider purchasing another Honda Odyssey, the best mini van in the world, but with the family growing and changing, so are our needs. And, in a sense, changing vehicles outwardly reflects my changing role as a wife, mother and woman as my family grows.