For 48 years we have lived with the legal right to murder the most precious among us – an unborn child.
For 48 years, our courts continued to abdicate their responsibility to re-examine what some call a cowardly decision to not answer the question, “When does life begin?”
For 48 years, men and women of science have conclusively, clearly, and visibly proven that life begins in the womb. So much is now understood about this growing life that doctors not only can operate on babies in utero, but also save the life of a preemie. Babies born early, between 24-30 weeks, have between a 70-99% chance of survival.
For 48 years, our culture continues to ignore the scientific truth about life. Boundaries that once limited killing the developing child within a specific gestational age continue to be pushed forward. Today, seven states boast no restrictions on abortion, allowing the child to be killed up to and including the moment of birth.
Earlier this week, newly inaugurated President Biden said,
“…we must reject the culture in which facts themselves are manipulated and even manufactured…
“There is truth and there are lies, lies told for power and for profit. And each of us has a duty and responsibility, as citizens, as Americans, and especially as leaders…to defend the truth and defeat the lies.”
The truth is that God invests life in each of us at the moment of conception.
For 48 years this has been and remains our cross to bear. We live in a country that refuses to value human life. Our culture prefers to believe the easy lie, born from manufactured and manipulated facts. This is our suffering that we must bring to the foot of the cross.
For 48 years, there have been and continue to be people committed to ending abortion through Prayer, Outreach, and Education, striving ever forward to bring truth to light and refusing to give up on faith, hope, and love.
We are a people of hope and today we are called to Prayer.
- For God to change hearts
- For eyes to be opened
- For truth to be revealed
We are a people of love and today we are called to show Christ’s love.
- To those facing a “choice;” that we meet them with compassion and support, not just for a day, but for the journey.
- To those complicit in this lie, that when they are awakened, they find support in seeking a new path.
- And especially to those who at one time felt trapped, without a choice, so they made the choice. We offer them a chance to know Christ’s healing love and redemption.
We are a people of faith, trusting that for 48 years God used our suffering to bring people to Him, for His Glory. He can and will use each of us to reach out and show Christ to others.
And we believe the Scripture. In a letter from St. Paul to the Romans, he wrote,
“…there is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.” (Romans 8:1)
“I consider that the sufferings of this present time are as nothing compared with the glory to be revealed for us.” (Romans 8:18)
On this 48th anniversary of Roe vs. Wade, please join others in a Day of Prayer for the Legal Protection of Unborn Children. Heed the call to offer help, support, love, and healing to those suffering from the “lies told for power and profit.” Heed the responsibility to defend the truth.
Below is a list of organizations that promote and defend the truth about abortion or offer caring love and support to those considering an abortion or leaving the abortion industry. Please support them.
- CareNet – A network of affiliated pregnancy centers with accurate and helpful information about pregnancy and offers post-decision support.
- Heartbeat International – Option Line – The most expansive network of pro-life pregnancy resource centers in the world, with over 2,800 affiliated pregnancy help locations in more than 60-countries around the world to provide alternative to abortion.
- Project Rachel – a ministry of the Catholic Church in the U.S. to those who have been involved in abortion, providing an integrated network of services, including pastoral counseling, support groups, retreats and referrals to licensed mental health professionals. It is open to all . . . people of all faiths or no faith.
- And Then There Were None – “A registered non-profit organization that exists to help abortion clinic workers leave the abortion industry. We believe that a clinic worker’s life is valuable, too. As former clinic workers, we have a different perspective than others may have – we’ve been in their shoes. And we used those shoes to walk away. We believe that the end of abortion starts with abortion clinic workers leaving their jobs and finding healing from their past work. We’re committed to helping them through the ENTIRE journey.”
- 40 Days for Life – An internationally coordinated 40-day campaign that aims to end abortion locally through prayer and fasting, community outreach, and a peaceful all-day vigil in front of abortion businesses.
- March for Life – “We march because we envision a future world where the beauty and dignity of every human life are valued and protected. We promote the beauty and dignity of every human life by working to end abortion—uniting, educating, and mobilizing pro-life people in the public square.”